11. Jean Vanier - Arms Wide Open - August 2019 Community, Virtues, Feeding the hungry Jean Vanier - founder of the L'Arche communities, was a spiritual giant who longed to help people know and live with Jesus. This month we read how he did this - through encounters with the poorest and weakest in society, particularly those with mental illness. (TO)
12. A Taste of Lectio Divina - Bible Month - July 2019 The Bible, Holy Spirit, Reading, Meditation, Prayer, Contemplation The Church has a long spiritual practice of reading Scripture slowly in a way that allows us to listen to a word or phrase that seems to â€˜speakâ€™. It is a personal way of listening to the Holy Spirit, and becoming spiritually attentive to the Word touching us inwardly. (TO)
13. Mary's Impact on Youth Today (2) - June 2019 Mission, Personal Faith Development, Marist Idendity Even though different cultures speak in different languages, there is still a universal language of connection that goes beyond words. This helps us to understand each other's personalities, and feelings. This can be challenging, but so rewarding if we allow ourselves to just 'connect' (TO)
14. Mary's Impact on Youth Today (1) - May 2019 Marist Life, Identity, Mission, Global family Marist Youth were invited to deepen their connection to the Marist identity through lenses of community, interiority, solidarity and mission. We, too, can weave our Marist identity and mission into our everyday life.
15. Being Made Welcome - April 2019 Virtues, Christian Life, Community When we are made welcome, we feel blessed and honoured. It is important that we are welcoming to visitors and to those in our church communities, without expecting to be 'repaid' (TO)
16. St Joseph - March 2019 Saints, Family, faith, hope, love St Joseph left a legacy to all. Inspirational in his role as father to Jesus and protector of the Holy Family, we can learn a great deal from his humility, kindness and great faith. (TO)
17. Smallness - February 2019 Christian life, outreach; personal faith development Tiny irritations in life - like little foxes - can sometimes build up and destroy our composure.
With God's grace, we can become attuned to hurting humanity, and how we can provide a word or a touch to those who need our understanding. (TO)
19. A Little is a Lot in God's Hands - November 2018 Christian Life; Virtues; Community; Feeding the hungry Jesus's feeding of the crowds stands out and challenges us as disciples. We must, like the disciples, learn the value of small people and small things. (TO)