1. '... at least the boy was saved.' - February 2008 Christian Life, Great Christians In the same week were the funerals of Sir Edmund Hillary, whom the world recognises as a hero, and Jeremy Gray, a previously unknown Marist seminarian, who gave his life saving a young boy. We reflect on heroism and Christian sacrifice. (TO)
2. ... to pray for the dead - November 2005 Communion of Saints Why do we pray for our dead? Some thoughts on what this achieves for us and them, and how our manner of death is important for our community. These thoughts are taken mainly from the writings of Fr Ron Rolheiser OMI. (TO)
3. Acts of God ? - February 2005 Christian Life This meeting asks how we can understand the Asian Tsunami of 2004 from a Christian persepctive. Where is God in life's tragedies, great or small?
4. A Lenten Feast - March 2007 Lent/Easter During Lent we reflect on the themes of repentance, love and the Cross.
5. A Noble Work - motherhood - November 2014 Papal Documents, Motherhood CS Fr Chris Skinner remembers his recent visit to the Philippines and how the devotion of a mother with a sick child reflected the commitment encouraged by Pope Francis in "The Joy of the Gospel" (Evangelii Guadium). (TO)
7. A Year of Faith - November 2012 Year of Faith, The Church Faith: the joy and renewed enthusiasm of encounter with Christ.
Beginning in October 2012, the Pope has called us to a Year of Faith as a way for the Church to reflect on the outcomes of the second Vatican Council, at this time of its 50th anniversary. This month our reflection will look at how this Year is relevant to us meeting under the name of Mary. What is faith and what can this Year do for my faith? (TO)